Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Religion - More Powerful than GOD.


We Indians just need any excuse to enjoy. From my very childhood we used to celebrate Christmas in home. Of course as a non Christian family we didn't know any rituals. Even we didn't know the exact incident why we are celebrating it. We just knew that something great happened in this day around two thousand years ago and we have to eat Cake. And we become so happy. Every year in this day if I didn't eat cake it was like the end of the world....
After coming to Korea first time I saw church. I was exited to see inside. And some great people invited me to church. I was very happy to go with them. I was about to remove my shoes before enter to the church as we do in temple. They told you don't need. I was expecting to see Jesus statue and offering prayer. But they took me to another room (Another room in a worship place !!! was new for me, as I saw only one room in temple) where it was fully equipped with audio-video systems. I was surprised. They asked my language and started a documentary about GOD and religion. Specially try to prove there is GOD and he allow only one religion.
It was a mind shaking incident for me. In temple I never saw the priest is giving lecture on GOD. We all know about GOD. And specially we know dosent matter which religion we are from just pray to GOD and he will listen to you. We call GOD in different name but he is one and everybody will reach to him by there good deeds.
It was the first time I knew Jesus is not mine. This was first time I knew there was something more than GOD what I used to know. That is religion. This was the first time I knew I am the second class religious people from someone's point of view. This was the first time I knew that I shall not reach to GOD even I do best in my life.
After that I came across many religious people all claiming that their path is the only path. My heart was broken.
Now a days Christmas comes and goes. And somewhere in some corner of this globe a boy don't feel to eat the cake and celebrate the birthday of a great person born two thousand years ago.

1 comment: