Friday, November 27, 2015

I am the owner of the house !!!

My father told me a story.

In small village one beggar was begging from door to door. Generally villagers are very kind and they give a handful of rice to any beggar. But probably there is a common ritual everybody follows. The beggar have to come before noon (12 o’clock).
The beggar in our story was going door to door and violated the time rule and reached to a door step after 12. When he asked for some rice a married woman came out and told “Since the morning is past you cannot get anything today”. The beggar had nothing to say and went away from that house. On the way he meet the mother-in-law of the woman. She asked “What happed? You are not looking happy?”
“Actually I went your home but your daughter-in-law refused to give anything as the morning is passed” the beggar replied.
The mother-in-law was surprised and told him “Come with me to my home”. The beggar started following her. He was expecting some food or money from her.
When they reached to her house the mother-in-law told to the beggar in a harsh voice “Don’t you have any sense of timing? It is noon and you came for begging? You shall not get anything today”.
The beggar was shocked by the lady’s reaction.
He begged an explanation “I was already going when your daughter-in-law told the same thing. Then why did you call me back?”
The mother-in-law replied “This is my house. I am the owner of the house. Who is she to tell you to go? It is I who will decide it. Now get lost from my door.”
                            
                               


I am finding the similar situation in current happening in India. Everybody when apply for job, the first reaction is “Aabe naukri nehi milega yaar (There is no job)”, whenever the bus fall in a pothole is road the first reaction “S*** C***** sarkar bas paisa khayega or rasta nehi banayega”. Whenever the youtube video will buffer due to slow internet spontaneous reaction “Humare des me kuch nehi ho sakta”, when ever we return to home at night and we feel insecure we blame police and government. The list of our reaction goes on and on in case of getting driving license, getting birth certificate, getting direct government job without giving bribe, the unemployment, slow justice system, high price of general commodities, traffic jam etc etc.
Now when some people expressed their view about Intolerance (Whether it exists or not that is different question and the real debate should be on that issue and if exist how we can remove it?) the question we are raising is “Who are they to tell you that there are problems in India? I am the only person who can declare this.” Very cheap way to show that you are the real owner of this country.

We should change our habit as soon as possible (including me) otherwise the situation will be far worse than now. It’s a alarming call for everyone to come up and lets solve our problems together instead of showing false patriotism. Politics will always be there. But behaving properly is more urgent now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment